Managing SEO is not a joke and not everyone is equipped enough to carry out this tough job expertly. You may think that you have read a few articles about how to manage your own SEO and you can manage your website and bring heavy traffic to it. But you are in illusion as there is not just one aspect to SEO or Search Engine Optimization. Not everyone can know all about SEO. It is the task of an expert and must be done by them. If you are still not convinced, here are 7 reasons why you should not manage your own SEO and opt for a pro to do the job.
1. SEO is very technical aspect of website management: If you are not an SEO expert you must not try to manage your own SEO. Managing SEO is the work of only the people who are experts in this field because of various technicalities that are involved in getting the correct approach that will give you results important for you and your business. You may know how to put the keywords into your website but other aspects such as optimization, user experiences and back linking is all that is required for the SEO to work for you.
2. The rules of how SEO will work change from time to time: The rules of Google are not constant and they keep changing from time to time. There are many different changes done by Google in relation to the algorithms and you would not be able to manage these changes on your own. Many a time these changes are not even disclosed for a very long time as was the case with Rankbrain that was not disclosed for months together. If you are not an SEO professional you will not be able to fully comprehend the way the algorithms of Google work leaving you in a fix. The SEO professionals work for this and keep a keen eye on the trends of Google.
3. If you make mistake, you lose business: Many of you may try implementing methods that promise to get you quick results but actually they hurt your business more than they can benefit. You must never indulge in activities such as getting artificial backlinks in the hope of bringing more traffic to your website. Similarly practices like stuffing keywords, using such keywords that have no relevance to the products and services offered by your website is not at all helpful. Even cloaking and duplicating content on your website can harm your business seriously. The SEO experts know how to avoid such mistakes while maintaining the traffic to your website.
4. The experts have the right kinds of tools for Managing SEO: Managing various aspects of website is itself a great task and if on top of that you even take up the job of managing SEO then it may just become unmanageable. Being busy with so many things may not give you time to update yourself with new and the right kind of tools that the SEO experts might have with them. Most importantly the SEO tools of this kind are very expensive and buying one for personal use is wasting money.
5. Experts can single out the SEO that work and that don’t: The SEO pro will always have a clear idea about the strategies that are working in favour of and those that are not working for you. This is possible due to the study of the analytics related to the traffic on your website. There are many performance indicators that can only be understood by the SEO professionals and depending on that they can use this knowledge to figure out the best strategy for you.
6. Experts can keep a watch on your competitors: If you are same as your competitor you will be at a loss and to be different you must know what is being done by your competitor. It is possible to keep a track of your competitor only if you have a pro working for you. The SEO expert can then implement such strategies that will give you an edge over your competition. Also the SEO expert will help you in creating a selling proposition that is unique for your business model while deciding upon the target audiences and the topic of the content on your website.
7. High return on investment: Any business would flourish only if there is good return on investment. When you invest in any form- off online or offline marketing you just vaguely post your ads for everyone to see. The target group may or may not get your message but while managing SEO you tend to target a smaller group that has some relevance to the products and services that you have to offer. If you opt for the traditional model of advertising you may have to shell out a lot of money while hiring an SEO professional will be more affordable and on top of that SEO professional will bring you more promising results as compared to other forms of advertising.