More and more front-end developers leverage newest HTML5 technology to build better interactive websites with cleaner code. Below best HTML5 books will help learn this new technology quickly and comprehensively no matter you are a beginner or an experience web developers.
HTML5 Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly)
This HTML5 book describes the right HTML5 elements or attributes for your web page or application. HTML5 Pocket Reference is the classic reference that web designers and developers think useful and keep close at hand.
The fifth edition has been updated to reflect the current state of HTML5, including the HTML5 Candidate Recommendation, the emerging HTML5.1 Working Draft, and the living WHATWG standard. This book is indispensable for those experienced web designers or developers who need a quick resource for working with established web standards.
This book features:
- An elaborate coverage of HTML5 APIs
- An alphabetical listing of elements and attributes in HTML5, HTML5.1, and the WHATWG living standard
- Descriptions, markup examples, content categories, content models, and start- and end-tag requirements for every element
- Notes are given to show the differences between the HTML5 specifications and HTML 4.01
For more details check out HTML5 Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly) book review.
What you will get from this book:
- The comprehensive, in-depth and hands-on training you take at your own pace
- Pragmatic lessons, exercises, and practices
- Skills , plus on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-480
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3
The author of Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 illustrates that responsive web design is not a huge single monolithic thing but a series of existing technologies (HTML5, CSS3) and design techniques (flexible grid layout, flexible images and media and media queries) instead. The majority of the book mainly focuses on HTML5 and CSS3 and the powerful enhancements these technologies bring about. In addition to their application in Responsive web design the author explores new HTML5 elements and the vast improvements in CSS3 aesthetics.
The book contains:
- Many examples of modern techniques available for building a responsive website nowadays.
- Details on the 'Responsive Web Design' concept
- Comprehensive explanations of fluid grid layout, flexible images and media query
- Many websites that are highly useful tools for a web developer
For more details check out Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 book review.
HTML5 for Masterminds, 2nd Edition
What you can learn from this book:
- how to structure your documents with HTML5
- how to style your conent with CSS3
- Gaining essential knowledge and mastering complex subjects included in the HTML5 specifications
For more details check out HTML5 for Masterminds, 2nd Edition book review.
The Definitive Guide to HTML5 WebSocket
This book is for web developers and designers who want to improve their HTML5 skills to create modern, standards-compliant websites. The Definitive Guide to HTML5 WebSocket provides information you'll need to start to create the next generation of HTML5 websites. It covers all the basic knowledge required for standards-compliant, semantic, modern website creation. It also covers the full HTML5 ecosystem and the associated APIs that complement the core HTML5 language.
What skills you can get from this book:
- How to understand and make good use of the core features of HTML5
- How to fully use the APIs that surrounds HTML5, such as Geolocation, Web Storage, and drag and drop
- How to leverage the media capabilities of the modern web: Canvas, audio, and video
For more details check outThe Definitive Guide to HTML5 WebSocket book review.
Teach Yourself VISUALLY HTML5 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself VISUALLY HTML5 covers knowledge from the easy stuff like revised new header and footer elements to complex updates such as canvas and audio. It includes more than a hundred tasks that web designers need to know and all are explained through full-color screenshots and how-to steps.
The book contents:
- How to speed on the completely redesigned new HyperText Markup Language, HTML5
- How to incorporate rich media content into the sites you design without relying on proprietary software such as Flash
For more details check out Teach Yourself VISUALLY HTML5 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) book review.
HTML5 & CSS3 Visual QuickStart Guide (7th Edition)
This best-selling guide provides visual format and step-by-step, task-based instructions to help you run with HTML5 and CSS3 in no time. HTML5 & CSS3 Visual QuickStart Guide 7th edition is a major revision, with approximately 125 pages added and substantial updates to (or complete rewrites of) nearly every page from the preceding edition. Authors Elizabeth Castro and Bruce Hyslop use clear instructions, friendly prose, and real-world code samples to teach you HTML and CSS from the beginning.
What you will learn from this book:
- Use CSS to style text, add background colors and images, and implement a multicolumn layout.
- Write semantic HTML, both with elements that have been around for years and ones that are new in HTML5.
- Build a single site for all users
- Enhance your site’s accessibility with ARIA landmark roles and other good coding practices.
- Add media in your pages with the HTML5 audio and video elements.
- Test and debug your Web pages.
For more details check out HTML5 & CSS3 Visual QuickStart Guide (7th Edition) book review.
- Making your own pages by using the power of the DOM.
- Using the Geolocation API to know where your users are
- Plugging a video into your pages, and create custom video experiences.
- Improving your page’s responsiveness and performance with Web workers.