Are you looking for great and useful books to get you started with Drupal? Drupal is a powerful CMS, but can be very hard to master. The learning curve for creating a usable, powerful, and engaging site is quite steep. Below are 6 best Drupal books for users of all levels, whenever if you’re for Beginner, developer or for SEO purposes.
Best Drupal Books for Beginners
Drupal For Dummies
Drupal For Dummies is wonderful for beginners, but the same warning applies here as to Beginning Drupal 7: advanced users need not apply. Users will learn to set up, manage, and administer a Drupal web site. Drupal offers unparalleled flexibility for content-managed web sites, and Drupal 7 is the easiest version to use yet.
- Organize and create your site's content; apply templates, and get your first site up and running
- Learn how to download Drupal, install the LAMP stack, and set up a site; no programming experience required
- Use modules and third-party templates
For more details check out Drupal For Dummies.
Best Drupal Books for Developers
Pro Drupal 7 Development
Pro Drupal 7 Development updates the most popular development reference for the release of Drupal 7. This book is ideal for Drupal module developers and covers deep knowledge of Drupal core; security best practices, optimizing Drupal performance, building modules from scratch, and many more. Tomlinson does a great job of explaining the deeper functions and power that Drupal 7 has to offer.
- Learn the Drupal APIs and major changes in Drupal 7
- How to write safe, secure, and tested code
- Learn Drupal API and improvements in Drupal 7
- Learn proper development practices and how to become a contributing community member
Get more info at Pro Drupal 7 Development
Drupal 7 Module Development
In Drupal 7 Module development book users will learn basic modules and themes to sophisticated Drupal extensions learn how to use Drupal's API and hook system to build powerful custom Drupal websites. If you are a Drupal user or PHP developer you will find this book an excellent introduction to coding within Drupal.
What you will learn:
- Build modules extending Drupal's core functionality
- Explore the major APIs introduced in Drupal 7 that the pros use to build successful Drupal websites
- Create custom content types and entities
- Test your code programmatically with Drupal's new Simple Test framework
Gain more knowledge and visit Drupal 7 Module development.
Drupal 7 Themes
The main requirements to make use of this book are knowledge of HTML, CSS, and a touch of creativity. Drupal 7 Themes is an ideal introduction to theming with Drupal 7. You really don't need to know anything about theming in Drupal; all you need is basic experience of working with Drupal. This book is updated and is the expanded edition of Drupal 6 Themes.
- Guides you through the new elements and themes available in Drupal 7
- Discover techniques and tools for creating and modifying themes
- Learn to create new Drupal 7 themes
- Modify the default templates and styles
- Master PHPTemplate
To gain more information please visit Drupal 7 Themes
High Performance Drupal: Fast and Scale Designs
This comprehensive guide provides the sophisticated Drupal user with examples and in-depth explanations for solving several performance and scalability issues. High Performance Drupal: Fast and Scalable Designs will guide users into coding and infrastructure techniques to Drupal application performance, internals, web servers, and so on.
- Optimize your website’s code and front-end performance
- Tune your web servers through httpd and PHP configuration
- Use tools to configure, monitor, and optimize MySQL performance
- Get best and worst practices for customizing Drupal core functionality
For more details check out High Performance Drupal: Fast and Scalable Designs.
Best Drupal Books about SEO
Drupal Search Engine Optimization
Building websites as anyone knows needs good SEO to optimize your sites' content so that it’s easier searched & discovered via search engines. That said, Drupal Search Engine Optimization targets site builders, webmasters and site owners and covers the best practices in in contemporary SEO. Advanced technical skills are not necessary but some knowledge administering a Drupal website helps.
What you will learn:
- Configure your Drupal site to be search engine friendly.
- Learn how to create a search engine-optimized Drupal website.
- Execute a link building campaign.
- What the most important factors to track with Google Analytics are.
- Develop content that advances your search marketing goals.
Gain more knowledge go to Drupal Search Engine Optimization.