WordPress is a user friendly and easy CMS that even a basic user can understand it. However, to be a professional WordPress user, developers and designer, it's going to take a lot of time, energy and determination. And in below, we list out 6 best WordPress books, which could help you become a real expert in WordPress.
WordPress All-in-One For Dummies
WordPress All-in-One for Dummies is best book for WordPress newbies without any technical background and provides a great introduction to WordPress. The book is fully updated for the latest WordPress release and covers from setting up your software to publishing your website, using social media and SEO, developing/using plug-ins for running multiple sites with WordPress.
- Features eight minibooks that covers all your WordPress basics and needs; exploring the dashboard, setting up the software, using SEO and social media, website publishing with WordPress, using plug-ins, running multiple sites with WordPress and customizing your website.
- Covers all the newest and latest WordPress releases
- Presents straightforward and easy-to-understand intermediate to advanced coverage of the WordPress, the most popular blog software in use today
Get up to speed with more book reviews, check out WordPress All-in-one For Dummies.
WordPress 3 Complete
WordPress 3 Complete will teach you everything you need to know both to get started with WordPress and is mostly recommended for both beginners and those who want to have more advanced knowledge of WordPress. No require experience of web development or programming isn’t required to purchase this book. In this book you will learn:
- Learn and create your own feature-rich blog/website from scratch
- Personalize and control the content of your site
- In-depth coverage of themes, plugins, installation, and syndication
- Create custom post types to manage books, people, etc
For more details check out WordPress 3 Complete.
Professional WordPress: Design Development
- This book provides an overview of the WordPress system and describes the results of when a WordPress generated web-page is displayed
- Combines the optimization and the developers’ view of user experience - with the deployment requirements for security, measurement and performance.
- Describes internal code flow and data structures (Discusses core of WordPress)
Check out Professional WordPress: Design and Development now.
WordPress 3 Search Engine Optimization
WordPress3.0 Search Engine Optimization will show you the secrets that professional SEO companies and is best book for bloggers, business sites to website developers. Users can discover all the tools needed to appear on top of searches and also you'll get your blog/website noticed by an ample amount of new users/or target audience. This books covers:
- An easy user guide into the process of building a search engine-friendly WordPress site
- Understanding the main elements that search engines use to rank websites (optimization)
- Teaches have to avoid common SEO mistakes that can get your site penalized by search engines
- Build high-value and quality links from other websites to raise your rankings in search engines
- Learn to test your website and monitor your progression
For more depth please visit WordPress 3 Search Engine Optimization book review.
Professional WordPress Plugin Development
- Debugging; profile and optimize your code, and how to market your custom plugin
- Details the range of complexity in plugins, from a very simple plugin to an extremely elaborate social network package
- Extending WordPress into the corporate environment - Learning advanced plugin techniques
- Creating WordPress plugins for Multisite networks
- Integrate user and role management
For more details check out Professional WordPress Plugin Development book review.
Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog
This magazine book style is what of the hottest tools for web designers and developers. This book provides a creative spark to help you build WordPress-powered sites that go beyond the obvious. Some of the featured highlights in the book are:
- The Anatomy of building Beautiful WordPress Themes, including Child Theme
- Use the Loop to Control Content
- Build Your WordPress Projects for SEO
- Integration of WordPress with the Social Web
- Build Plugins, including Widget Functionality
Smashing Magazine is one of the world’s most popular web design sites. The book series delivers some good innovating and useful information to web designers and developers. WordPress expert Thord Daniel Hedengren takes you beyond the blog and shows you the design & ecommerce side of WordPress. For more depth please visit Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog book review.